Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Almost Precious


Anna Marie, of Almost Precious, describes herself as both a trained and self taught jewelry artist. I found her bio to be equally interesting, as I see we share an Italian heritage. We also share the same high standards, when it comes to our artwork. She writes this on her site:

"In my viewpoint creating lovely jewelry is more than just a craft, it's an art as it requires the correct blend of colors, texture, size and balance to create a truly timeless piece as relevant today as it was yesterday and will be tomorrow." She goes on to say that her "handcrafted creations feature Sterling silver or 14kt gold filled, many have pearls, high quality semi-precious gemstones and Swarovski crystals. I could use cheaper materials such as brass crimp beads instead of sterling silver or cheaper tigertail instead of 49 strand, stainless steel Accu-Flex cable, but the quality of the finished product would be compromised. I want to create the very best that I can and therefore only the very best will do."

I fell in love with Anna's "Swing Time" earrings, fun dangles framed with wire filigrees! Equally endearing is the way she's chosen to model them for her store. She's shared that the darling birds were handcrafted by a dear, late friend, whose lovely birds constantly remind Anna and her husband of his friendship, humor and amazing talent. Like the saying goes - "A picture is worth a thousand words"!

Swing Time Earrings:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20840121

Almost Precious:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6784849


1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely write up. I am very honored and pleased that you chose to feature my fun, whimsical "Swing Time" earrings...and my friend "Feather" would have been most proud to see his gorgeous birds pictured on your blog.
    I'd give you a hug if I could :)
    Anna Maria

    ReplyDelete