Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bellissima Mineral Makeup (Judy)

I must confess that when I first started my blog, it was primarily to promote my creations and those of my fellow artisans. To my surprise, I've not only found a wealth of talent, but some who have appeared as Angels in a time of need!

To digress a bit, I need to explain that for the past several years, I've been struggling with skin problems as a result of a variety of allergies, including contact irritants. In general, I must avoid lotions, be very careful with most soaps, and generally be extremely selective in which make-up products I use. I just tossed out a brand new and expensive bottle of foundation because there was something in it that burned my skin and made me feel sick. Most likely fragrance was one of the culprits. I'm not a wasteful person, so throwing that bottle away wasn't easy...

It also appears that the formula of the product I normally use has changed, so I'm hesitant to spend more money on something else that may also end up in the trash. I really need a foundation for sun protection, but trying to purchase a commercial product is like walking through a mine field. As summer approaches and as my current foundation supply runs low, I was feeling the pressure to make a purchase soon.

So, this is why I was so pleasantly surprised to discover that one of my followers, Judy, of Bellissima Mineral Makeup, has 2 websites and 3 other on line shops that are devoted to the promotion and sale of her allergy-free mineral all natural make-up!

I found Judy's sites and shops to be friendly, thorough, and concise, (complete with FAQ's), and all without spin or hype. I found what I needed to know, and that's that the products are free of chemicals, preservatives, waxes, fillers, oils, talcs, fragrances, etc., and are made from a minimum of all natural ingredients. Bellissima lists the ingredients in each of her product line that includes eyeshadows, concealers, blushes, bronzers, foundations, veils, soaps, and Lip Balm products. These products are available individually, and also in kits and collections. In addition to ingredient listings, the Bellissima site also lists the properties of each ingredient used in the product line. And for any other questions about selecting, using and purchasing, Judy is lightening fast in replying to any and all e-mail requests!

Judy, who worked many years in the corporate world, also has experience as a skin care and cosmetics consultant, and states that her product line was created as a result of her own skin sensitivities. She shares that all Bellissima products are formulated in a sanitary, smoke-free, pet-free environment and delivered professionally labeled, with ingredients listed and shrink-wrapped. She also states that Bellissima has taken the 'Truth in Labeling' Pledge and does not test on animals.

I not only found Bellissima's prices to be reasonable, but also affordable because they are "GREEN"! Bellissima will refund HALF the purchase price of eyeshadow, concealer, blush, bronzer, foundation, or even Lip Balm if you mail in your resealable, empty mineral jars and lip balm tubes, which are sanitized and reused!

And, for a limited time, Bellissima also offers free samples. Inexpensive kits and trial offers are offered for those who are interested in trying a variety of mineral products. I ordered a few samples and am happy to share that not only is the soap mild and moisturising, the make-up is a good quality, the colors are fabulous, clear in tone, and not at all muddy or pasty. The plum colored eye shadow sample is a perfect match to the expensive high end department store brand that I'm now using, and I dare say that in all ways, the entire product line rivals the expensive designer names sold in high end department stores!

I'm so pleased with that I just placed my first order for foundation, and anticipate adding to my supply as each of my other products runs out!


If you are one of the many who have have skin sensitivities or know someone who does, please stop by Bellissima soon!

http://www.bellissimamineralmakeup.com/http://www.bellissimatruccominerale.com/

http://www.bellissimaminerals.etsy.com/
http://www.ebay.com/
http://www.1000markets.com/users/bellissima

No comments:

Post a Comment