Saturday, April 4, 2009

Featured artist

I've always admired anyone who is capable of painting designs freehand. The only "design" that I have even attempted to paint was faux marbling, which actually didn't turn out badly. But, when it comes to conveying an image onto another medium, if it's not available in stencil form, I'm helpless. Actually there have been some stencil projects that I've even abandoned in frustration!

I love decorating my home with any form of handmade art, and folk art has a particular appeal to me. Recently I found a nice combination of handpainted folk art and home furnishings that really touched me. This pretty little table is available at Audrey's Country Crafts Etsy store. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19274495

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my stool! I had great fun building and painting it.

    ReplyDelete